Monday, August 20, 2012

16 weeks

 Baby, fetus at 16 weeks - BabyCenter


How far along? 16 weeks (baby is 4 1/2 inches long & the size of an avocado)

Symptoms: Feeling pretty good. Experiencing more frequent heartburn but that is really it as far as symptoms go.

Weight gain/loss: +1 lb (total of 6 lbs gained)

Maternity clothes? not yet. Got my package from Motherhood Maternity this past week & love the 3 things I ordered. Can't wait to wear them this fall :)

Sleep: the middle of the night "pee-fests" have decreased greatly which I am thankful for. Received my Snoogle in the mail this past week & not sure if I love it or not. Still trying to figure that thing out. However, I have busted my hubby a few times curled up with it so I'm thinking he may like it more than me - lol :)

Food cravings/aversions: been craving salads this past week for some reason!?

Movement? still feeling little "flutters" while laying on my back at night so I think this just might be baby moving around

What I miss? ice cold beer/wine - especially during my birthday celebrations this past week

Best moment(s) this week: celebrating my 40th birthday with all my close friends.

What I'm looking forward to: seeing my mom at the end of the week. She is visiting us from South Dakota for the weekend. Lots of fun stuff planned!

Next Appointment: August 23rd- AFP (alpha-fetoprotein) blood draw to see if the baby has a neural tube defect such as spina bifida or anencephaly.

Milestones: Baby T's legs are much more developed, the head is more erect than it has been & the eyes have moved closer to the front of the head. The ears are close to their final position & the toenails have started to grow. Also, Baby T's heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day & this amount will continue to increase as baby continues to develop.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I loved wearing maternity clothes - they really made my little bump pop out.

Yes, I think it is movement that you're feeling. How delightful.

Desiree said...

Yay for flutters! That's the best feeling in the world and remember these when Baby T karate chops you in the lungs. :-)

And PS, next week I expect belly pictures Miss!!